I turned the rip ole age of 28, as my sweet cousin so pointly put it, I am getting close to 30. But I really do feel great about where I am at, and embrace my age. Mainly because inside of my body I feel and still kind of act like I am 22. And lately people have been mistaken me as younger, which makes me feel even better. But I won't lie, there are times I start to see little signs of aging, and it is not fun, like in training for this relay I am doing, the body doesn't bounce back like it used to.
However it's a time of year to reflect where you have been, where you are now and where you want to be. I feel great graduating with my Masters from NYU, I have DONE a lot in my life, expereinced many things, been to many places however my most cherished treasures of life's experiences and lessons, are the people I meet and that leave that long lasting impression. I have met many people and have come and go, but the best part is, your accquaintance unlike your body increase as you get older, and that is really what life is all about for me. So for my b-day celebration, I went to brunch at my favorite place, Clinton Street Bakery for yummy blue berry pancakes, then had a spa day :) then bought me a shirt (surprised?) and met up with some of my really good friends for a quaint little b-day dinner at the Shake Shack, it was a bit chilly (even in May?) but suited my style, small intimiate group, chillin and chatting... I LOVED it and so grateful for all who came. Then we all went to a movie afterwards, can life get better than this? I submit it can not!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment