Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Oscar's Retro Breakfast w/gifts.


So I have been going to my mom's exercise group, which I used to make fun of it was more of a relief society of sharing recipes than a serious exercise group. The instructor is very serious and good, it's just the ladies, usually just laughed and talked. But it's been a good group to be a part of. Most of them are in my ward, very supportive and great social outlet for me and good support for me to get back in shape. Well they decided they wanted to go up to the famous Oscar's since for the month of December they were doing retro breakfast menu's and locals got the discounted rate, then afterwards do a hike, since it was considered replacing our exercise. So only a few of us could make it and they were so good to allow me to tag along with my baby. So we of course made it a party with white elephant gifts. *Note to self, always invite Paula and Tana to a white elephant party, because they don't give away no junk. So I think we went oldest to youngest. So Paula opened up one, then my mom opened up this beautiful cute quilt, like a baby or lap quilt- it was from Paula, but Tana had it and gave it away to Paula. Then Janelle opened up this nice brand new black velour jacket that Tana had given away that Paula had given her, then poor Tavia opened up my poor gift of an eggscuter, and egg shelling device that is worthless and doesn't work. So then I was the only person to take away the a gift, and I took my mom's. She was so mad and still is- but it's a darling blanket and we've gotten quite a bit of use out of it. So THANK YOU Paula! We then went up to Zion and hiked Emerald Pools, whew!!! I was so out of shape and so behind, I even got scared I was all by myself. Tana and Tavia were so helpful to take turns taking Audrey, yes, I was behind without Audrey, it was just all the extra baby fat... oh the joys of postpartum. Then Janelle was super sweet and walked with me down and talked to me the whole way, which helped me a lot. We talked about how much we loved traveling with our families and what a great tradition it is. I like what she does. Every year the whole family goes on a trip, whether that's a couple of hours away, states away or abroad. And every year her and Todd go on a trip for a week as well. Such a great idea! I am going to try to take on that tradition. So I am grateful my mom's friends have adopted me as one of the group. They really are great ladies to hang out with!

No comments: