So one of the perks of my employment are having summer's off. Originally it was a high drive for me to have this, due to my love for traveling and I would usually plan to take a trip during the summer. Well when you are late in pregnancy during summertime, it kind of cramps your style for travel. Don't worry about it, I had opportunities, as fun as they sounded and had to deny them. One being traveling 15 hours one way to my parents cabin in Montana for the fourth of July, it sounded fun, but... ehhh yeah, thanks, but no thanks. Then my favorite opportunity for travel, which I actually toyed with was driving across country to Ohio to visit my sister Loni and follow her, Todd, my mom and Nathan on a bike trek from Kirtland, OH, to Navuoo, IL. I would've been around 35 weeks pregnant. I even asked my doctor, she hesitated to give me the okay, but said if I wanted to I could go, but wouldn't recommend it. So after much thought, and consideration, Nathan and I decided to stay home instead. But don't worry about it, we still went to Lake Powell with my family mid-July and we went boating with our good friends the Olds on Lake Mead at the end of July, where it was miserably hot. But I figured all I did at home was sitting around, might as well do it with some company and on a boat :)
The one thing that kept me sane this summer was teaching two classes for UOP (University of Phoenix). All I was really motivated to do was to stay inside where it was cool and sit up with my feet up, due to so much swelling. So it ended up being a great gig, I could work from home with my feet up and plan my lesson plans and grade papers and such, it was great. Except towards the end there teaching a four hour class it got a bit tiring, I won't lie. So here is to a lazy summer with no far off ventures but still with a little amusement and fun :) Oh the joys of pregnancy.
The one thing that kept me sane this summer was teaching two classes for UOP (University of Phoenix). All I was really motivated to do was to stay inside where it was cool and sit up with my feet up, due to so much swelling. So it ended up being a great gig, I could work from home with my feet up and plan my lesson plans and grade papers and such, it was great. Except towards the end there teaching a four hour class it got a bit tiring, I won't lie. So here is to a lazy summer with no far off ventures but still with a little amusement and fun :) Oh the joys of pregnancy.
No comments:
Post a Comment