Such a grandpa Lichfield look, military haircut, hanging out in garment top and big smile on his face:)
It was President's Day weekend, so Nathan and I came up to LaVerkin to spend time with my family. We almost didn't come, but I was glad we came anyways. We woke up on Sunday morning, doing the usual, and my mom gets a call and kind of leads out a scream, my mom being dramatic, that could mean anything. Her eyes were all open wide and looked at us as we mouthed, "What happened?" She mouths back "Walter," and we pieced it together from that. This morning he passed away, I wasn't aware that the past few weeks he had been suffering from a cold and with his bad respitory system, even had a case of pneumonia. I felt bad, for the last time I saw him was at Christmas time and wish I would've spent more quaility time with him at Robert's baptism, rather than just a simple giving a hug and saying hello. I am so glad we took this last picture with him before he died.
Last picture with Grandpa, December 2010
My grandfather was a great man, and a man who left a strong impression on those he met and interacted with. At times he could come off a bit strong or overbearing, but he always had such good intentions. He loved the lord and loved his gospel. He talked about church stuff whenever he could. He thought about most things most of us don't spend time to think about.
The Lichfield Men at Reagan's Eagle Court of Honor, the only Lichfield Male to achieve it.
He was a true scholar. He loved to learn and loved to teach. He enlisted in the Marines out of High School, then went to school and became a Seminary Teacher. He loved to teach the youth. We have heard many of his past students express how impactful and influential he was as their teacher. He kept this passion and enthusiasm through-out his life, especially wanting to instill into his prosperity. He was very knowledgeable about many things. He's brain just worked harder and faster than most, part of his charm and sometimes part of where he didn't know when to refrain from saying what he thought.
Love this expression of my grandpa's, one of thought and ideas stirring.
The Happy Lichfield Family 2009, with 7 out of the living 11, not bad.
With my dad and his parents. Don't you love my dad's spill on his shirt :)
He was a very loyal and devoted man to the things in his life that was important, his god, his beliefs, his wife, his family and his country. He was a great man to learn many things from. I hope one day I can live my life with same conviction and passion.
At Reagan's Homecoming, till the day he died, he always mispronounced Reagan's name as Regan.
My grandfather at my wedding with his trusty old cane and one black glove to hide his fingerless hand.
The Lichfield Family Clan at my wedding as well, well some of them at least :)



No comments:
Post a Comment