Saturday, February 26, 2011

Bob's Birthday!

Ode to Bob, or my dad, father, paps, pappa, padre, etc.

At 29th Birthday Last Year
 Just want to give a shout out to my dad and all the many things I love about him. My dad is truely an enigma, he has so many sides to his ornate and complex personality, it's hard not to love him and find him interesting. Some of the things I love most is my dad's brillance. He is innately very wise and insightful. You come to him with a problem, and he can pinpoint what the problem is and by doing so, has the insight of helping you see and face the actually problem, whether deep or surfaced, and gives real life solutions and advise in resolving it. He knows how to solve problems and is very creative in coming up with solutions. He will never cease to amaze me the ideas he comes up with.

My dad and I at the house where he grew up in Morgan, UT.
 My dad is a very loving and sensitive soul. He loves people, especially the people close to him, like his family and grandchildren. He would do almost anything for them. He loves creatures and animals, we used to call him Doctor Doolittle, he loves to create life in his living space. Whether it is fish in his ponds, geese, swans, gennie hens, peacocks, turkeys, cows, horses, goats and even bunnies :)

My dad and his namesake, Robert Lawerence at his baptism.
He is very generous and giving. He is so willing to give and help wherever he can. He has given me so much in my life. So many great opportunities of traveling, and learning. He freely gave in areas of his life, he could have been greedy and selfish. What a wonderful example he is to me of his generosity to human kind, a true humanitarian.

My dad giving his love and support at my grandpa Peart's funeral
 My dad is also very fun. He has a great sense of humor and will crack some very creative and funny jokes. I love it when he is around to sit and talk with and make jokes with and he'll always laugh. He easily gets a kick out of things. It's always more fun when he is around.

Hanging out and talking at his house after one of his many BBQ's.
 Most importantly I am grateful for him being my dad. He was always willing to be there in times of trouble. A listening ear eager to give his daughter advise she might not want to hear, but knew would help her the most. He always encouraged me to do my best and do what was right. He always was willing to help in time of need. I am in debt to you and will always appreciate the love you gave me.

Love you dad.

My favorite picture of him and I of all time. At my wedding reception. I think he was the happiest camper there :)






No comments: