Valentines Day, Lover's Day, Single Awareness Day, what have you, I believe it's the day to celebrate the people you love in your life. This was Nathan's and I first Valentines Day together, we were just starting to get to know each other this time of year, through talking and texting, but not full blown dating. So it was another first for us this year. We were excited, and at times we can be romantic, probably him more than I, we are also very practical and grounded to not go to far out for the special occasion. He bought me some beautiful white roses, I know not red, they had ran out at the store :( And he made me a cute coupon book stating different things we was going to give me, like pampering, taking me to Disneyland within the next year and other cute stuff, he's very creative and fun like that. Then I got him his favorite treat of beef jerky, a big bag from costo and new memory foam pillow. He made reservations for a new Italian restaurant nearby that he wanted to take me to. Well, of course our Valentines Day was not typical, my mom was kind of going through a rough time, she recently had broken up with her at one time fiance, and I think didn't like the feeling of being alone on such a day, due to the current circumstances. So she came down to come to dinner with us, Nathan and I had our alone time after work and exchanged our gifts before we set out for dinner, where my mom and Lana, who begrudingly came. The good news of her sharing it with us, is she paid for dinner, we had fun talking and such, then came home and talked. We had a really good talk. She talked and told stories of the old days when they first started their business and how tight money was. It was fun, I learned more details and it was all new for Nathan, I think it was a fun outlet for my mom to. To see how much she has grown and came from. I am sure grateful for such a great mother and such a sweet husband and lover for making our valentines day special with his cute gifts and thoughtfulness and willingness to share it with my mom :)
Monday, February 14, 2011
Happy Hearts Day!
Valentines Day, Lover's Day, Single Awareness Day, what have you, I believe it's the day to celebrate the people you love in your life. This was Nathan's and I first Valentines Day together, we were just starting to get to know each other this time of year, through talking and texting, but not full blown dating. So it was another first for us this year. We were excited, and at times we can be romantic, probably him more than I, we are also very practical and grounded to not go to far out for the special occasion. He bought me some beautiful white roses, I know not red, they had ran out at the store :( And he made me a cute coupon book stating different things we was going to give me, like pampering, taking me to Disneyland within the next year and other cute stuff, he's very creative and fun like that. Then I got him his favorite treat of beef jerky, a big bag from costo and new memory foam pillow. He made reservations for a new Italian restaurant nearby that he wanted to take me to. Well, of course our Valentines Day was not typical, my mom was kind of going through a rough time, she recently had broken up with her at one time fiance, and I think didn't like the feeling of being alone on such a day, due to the current circumstances. So she came down to come to dinner with us, Nathan and I had our alone time after work and exchanged our gifts before we set out for dinner, where my mom and Lana, who begrudingly came. The good news of her sharing it with us, is she paid for dinner, we had fun talking and such, then came home and talked. We had a really good talk. She talked and told stories of the old days when they first started their business and how tight money was. It was fun, I learned more details and it was all new for Nathan, I think it was a fun outlet for my mom to. To see how much she has grown and came from. I am sure grateful for such a great mother and such a sweet husband and lover for making our valentines day special with his cute gifts and thoughtfulness and willingness to share it with my mom :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment