Tuesday, February 17, 2009

V-day weekend! My sister's in town!!!!






My sister LeNae came into town from Ohio, for which I thought was her long weekend due to President's day, but I guess her community college she attends in the Cleveland area does not respect that... who does that these days?  Anyways, she was able to come and visit me for the weekend. We had so much fun- and she was the best guest, because she has spent much time in the city and was just along for the ride. So we went to CPK to eat dinner, and to Buttercup bakery to indulge in some divine red velvet cake. We then went to the movie "Shopaholic" and woke up bright and early on Saturday to clean the church... yeah.... then afterwards went with some friends for brunch at one of our local favorites, Kitchnette. Then stopped by Sephoria to do a make-over, since we hadn't put on any make-up. Then walked around South Seaport, and lounged for a bit. We made the infamous stop to Grimaldi's to eat their pizza with some other friends, then walked across the Brooklyn Bridge, and took in the beautiful view of the Empire State Building with the red lighting on the top. Then stopped by Times Square to perform the ritual and eat a delicious black and white cookie. Then she attended my ward and meet many more people, I think she was probably over socialized by the end :) What I love most about having sister around, is it didn't matter what we did we always had fun, simply just being together and having great talks- how much I love and miss my little sister LeNae :)

1 comment:

A said...

Sounds like you two had a great time together! Im so glad you have family to come out there and visit! :) I heard you are going to Samoa...................ummmmmmm why was I not invited? :) haha. Have a great time with your Mama! Take lots of pix.