Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy ONE year Anniversary.

So you think of newly weds and you think of lovey dovey couples just anticipating what they will do or give or receive for their very first anniversary.  Like my brother in law Todd put it, marriages are like businesses, the very first year is the hardest, if you can make it through that, you are on your way :) I won't lie the first year of marriage is very hard with the adjustments to a new life together, you don't realize how selfish you are until you share it with someone whether it is whose family do you spend what holidays, to sharing a closet, and other chores. But Nathan has been great to be married to, I often feel bad that I feel I am the more difficult one, I do give it credit to being older and being single for nearly 30 years, as adaptable as I always thought I was, I too had gotten set in my ways. That is the adventure of marriage is for the stretching and growing of molding into something different and I dare say better. I have learned a lot from marriage, I have learned a lot about myself and I have learned a lot from Nathan, mostly his great example of hard work (mostly cleaning the house and outside house duties, he is far better than I when it comes to this), and his service attitude to me and to many others. To go back to the cliche I started with, sorry to disappoint, but we did NOT do anything romantic or special, I felt bad, but we did celebrate the weekend of his Triathlon. We also did a very romantic celebration for my birthday, and I think with all going on, we were just plumb tired. I also feel we are just kind of low key like that. We do have romance, but the most romantic part is just being able to be your self every day with someone you love so much and feel so loved and accepted by, your best friend. Here's to Nathan and I and many more years to come.

No comments: