Saturday, April 2, 2011

Lichfield Girls Night!

Conference weekend was held during the first weekend of April. Since Nathan's parents would be up in Diamond Valley we felt it was advantagous for us to go up that way, to spend time with both of our parents. Nathan was really looking forward to doing some outside yard work with his dad on Saturday and being the supportive wife that I am :) I was like, more power to you. So we went up Friday night to stay with his family in Diamond Valley, they were nice enough to hold off dinner until we arrived. We ate a nice dinner, talked for a bit, then called it a night. Sure enough Nathan was up and out early to work with his dad. I slept in and lounged for a bit, then we decided I would take the care to my mom's and then meet up later that night or in the morning, it was TBD. So I arrived to my mom's house to find a big breakfast going on with her, her bf Brian (which at the time, I thought they were on the outs, I never know, I don't mind, cause I really like Brian), LeNae, Lana and two of their girl friends. It felt like old times. We had fun talking and chatting like us sisters do. We missed the first session, and had to watch it later on DVR. Then my dad came over, so we talked with him for a bit and caught up. Then watched the second session, right until 5PM. We had plans to meet up with the Lichfield Aunts for a royal girls night out, while the men were at priesthood. My dad was the only token male, only because he agreed to cook for us and he doesn't go to priesthood. So my aunt Jeannette was there, who too is pregnant, with a boy and her due date is just a few days before mine. Then my grandma Lichfield was there, with my Aunt Luci, who happened to be in town. Then our British relative, Delcia Lichfield from England, Tavia with a yummy dish and Nina with a yummy salad. Then LeNae, Lana, my mom and I. It was bound to be a good time, the only people missing was Maybeth and Loni.

We talked, ate yummy food and celebrated LeNae's birthday, that just passed. So we followed the family tradition to go around and say what we liked about LeNae. She is such a gem and it shows just how easily and how much people truly just love and adore her. My grandmother's birthday was coming up, April 5th, so we went around and said what we liked about her. She is also a very easy to love person and very admirable from the not very easy life she has lived and example of cheerfulness and gratitute in all she endeavors. She appears to be doing pretty well with the recent passing of my grandpa.

We then continued to socialize then head out to the movies, yeah! Hadn't been to the movies forever. Nathan's not a big movie fan, and I LOVE them. Trying to be good to safe money, so we don't go very often, if so it's the dollar one in the ghetto of Vegas, still a worthwhile experience, I promise you :)

Maybeth then met up with us, and we went and saw Limitless. It was really interesting and bit too graphic of violence. But the concept of addiction came strong with this powerful drug, it easily shows how people get sucked in, obsessed and then can't function. So real to the reality of addiction. Then Nathan caught a ride with Brian after priesthood and so we we didn't have to spend the night apart... ohhh, a girls night with a happy romantic ending. Can life get better than this, I submit it can not!





No comments: