Saturday, April 30, 2011

Stacie's in town!

My good old friend from High School days, Hirshmelirsh, Stacie Hirschi was coming into town to pick up her husband who was finally able to move from NY to Hurricane. It was exciting times :) So she came early afternoon on Saturday and we had so much fun, we talked, then we went to Town Square, we talked some more, then went to eat and talked some more then went shopping at our favorite places, H&M and Old Navy, and we talked some more, and since I lost my make-up bag in Costa Rica, I had to make the dreaded stop to Sephora, just mad I had already had all the make-up I like and use, and try to replenish that is not only expensive, but obnoxious. But not as bad as losing my phone like my sister Loni did on her way back, so I guess I should be more grateful and optimistic :) Then we came home and talked some more. What I love about Stacie, is we have known each other so long and our families backgrounds and dynamics. She also worked for my parents for a year, so she knew my family intimately, so it's so easy to talk about things, that some of my friends might not fully understand or appreciate the dynamics of it all. She is just fun to be with, chill, relaxed, easy going and a very thoughtful friend. How I love and miss her. Excited for her and her honey:)

And don't worry about it, after we came home from shopping and eating, around 8 PM, we came home to a new lawn, or any lawn in that matter. Nathan and his dad happen to find some free sod on Craig's list, picked it up and put it into our little section for a patch of grass. It was amazing how different it made our yard look. It was so much more welcoming and looked complete. The week after Nathan and I would just go sit and lay on the grass after work, it was so relaxing.



No comments: