Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Viva Las Vegas.






So I am now an offical Vegasan... is that how it is said? don't know but I have returned to my southwest desert roots to the beautiful sin city of lights. Won't lie, it was a bit of a cultural shock to come back, and things we're weird to adjust to, like no recycling bins in our garbage, not having to eat on the couch due to there actually being a table. There is a laundry room, my own private bath and did I mention QUIET.... it's so nice. My new roommate asked if it was boring compared to NY, and I said "yeah but I like boring." Believe it or not, I have turned over a whole new leaf. I have work from 6:50 AM to 2PM, it's a 20 min commute, yes in my car, not the dirty and over crowded subway...whew! So I wake up at 5:30 and go to bed at like 10:30, I have became somewhat of a home body, I feel kind of like a grandma, but it's just nice to relax to peace in quiet. However I still tap into what my fun get-aways on the weekends. So it's slowly but surely treating me right here in good ole Vegas.  Besides my roommate Hiedi and I have already had two of our friends from NY visit us, so it brings a little bit of NY in our new Vegas environment. Also I am close to home and have been able to spend some more down time with mi familia, like having our regular BBQ's at my dad's.

1 comment:

Rae said...

Hurray!! It was so fun to see you guys!!