So being the opportunist that I am, I have wanted to do a couple of last things on my list to do in NY before I leave. One of them happened to be kayaking the Hudson. I also had expressed interest in biking central park, another fun activity I have yet to do. So I asked some of my friends to join me biking and many responded positively. Then another friend invited me to go kayaking the same day. So it worked out that I went Kayaking in the morning, and (PS it is FREE, all of it, the kayak, the locker to put your stuff in and even the sun block, best thing in NY, because nothing is free. They are free loving hippies, who want to contribute to the world through free kayaks... interesting... I know) and went biking in the afternoon. Then after our biking adventure, which was so much fun, I kick myself I did not do it sooner and more often, after walking everywhere in the city, the bike felt exhilarating! My friends and I went to Carmines Italian family style restaurant on the upper west side. It was sooo good with huge portions, we ordered the Titanic dessert for $24, it was massive, don't worry 4 mins later and nine spoons digging it, it was gone! We then went to my friends new cool bachelor pad to watch a movie, then finally called this marathon Super Saturday Activity over :) However we continued some of the celebration with our traditional Sunday dinners, however it was my last :( hence the reason for the documentation. It ended up being on my favorite fun filled weekends in the city.
Saturday, August 8, 2009
Super Saturday
So being the opportunist that I am, I have wanted to do a couple of last things on my list to do in NY before I leave. One of them happened to be kayaking the Hudson. I also had expressed interest in biking central park, another fun activity I have yet to do. So I asked some of my friends to join me biking and many responded positively. Then another friend invited me to go kayaking the same day. So it worked out that I went Kayaking in the morning, and (PS it is FREE, all of it, the kayak, the locker to put your stuff in and even the sun block, best thing in NY, because nothing is free. They are free loving hippies, who want to contribute to the world through free kayaks... interesting... I know) and went biking in the afternoon. Then after our biking adventure, which was so much fun, I kick myself I did not do it sooner and more often, after walking everywhere in the city, the bike felt exhilarating! My friends and I went to Carmines Italian family style restaurant on the upper west side. It was sooo good with huge portions, we ordered the Titanic dessert for $24, it was massive, don't worry 4 mins later and nine spoons digging it, it was gone! We then went to my friends new cool bachelor pad to watch a movie, then finally called this marathon Super Saturday Activity over :) However we continued some of the celebration with our traditional Sunday dinners, however it was my last :( hence the reason for the documentation. It ended up being on my favorite fun filled weekends in the city.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment