Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Big Sky Montana....this is for my clazzy friend :)






My family has a beautiful, under used cabin in Northwestern Montana. The reason underused, is because it is a stinking 14 hour drive from So. Utah, ugh.  Yeah, so we did it in five days, drove up to SLC Sunday night, spent the night then headed on the fun I-15 highway north through Idaho (shout out to my friend Thomas, the breast bone of Idaho), through Butte, not Butt :) then to Thomas Falls. Even brave enough to bring my little 4 year old nephew, Roger, and he was a champ. He is so well trained, every pit stop when we stopped for a potty break he washed his hands as long as he sang he's ABC's, seriously who is his mother? 
Back to Montana, Thomas Falls is gorgeous, I love it, besides the zillion hornets nests and no internet or cell connection, it felt kind of like camping. I was there with my aunt and uncle and their family, we went wake boarding, kayaking... Roger wanted to explore the "Jungle," and we even got to go through old costumes from an old school, it was a riot! So arrived in the evening on Monday, then stayed until around noon on Thursday and was on what felt like the longest ride of my life back home... ugh... memories of the Alaskan Highway.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

WHY WAS I NOT IN BIG SKY WITH YOU??? Seriously, I'm your only friend who actually WANTED to be in Montana this summer! When do I get to see you...we're in neighboring states now...sort of...let's DO this.