So trying to fit it all in of the things I've always wanted to do or the places, I've been wanting to soak in before I left. I lived it up (in between packing.... ugh...). Also to acknowledge the great people in my life, who I will miss and forever be grateful for their friendship. On Monday night, my friends and I had our own little FHE with going to Dinosaur BBQ in East Harlem, some of my good friends joined me for the fun and cultural event. Tuesday night I went to my favorite Shake Shack, with my two really good friends Mark and Brenda, then meet up with our roommate Danni and her family at Max Brenners and to pay my final good bye to Union Square. Then on Wednesday evening, I went with my friend, Emilee to, "In the Heights" a broadway play I have been wanting to see, even though it's about Washington Heights, it reminded me so much of my experience of working in the Bronx, with the bodega and the unisex hair salon and my fun Latino co-workers, which earlier that evening I met up with an old co-worker for a drink and another called me to say good bye and told me I will always be the Boogie Down Bronx girl, no longer Beverly Hills 90210...
Saturday, August 8, 2009
Final days in NYC
So trying to fit it all in of the things I've always wanted to do or the places, I've been wanting to soak in before I left. I lived it up (in between packing.... ugh...). Also to acknowledge the great people in my life, who I will miss and forever be grateful for their friendship. On Monday night, my friends and I had our own little FHE with going to Dinosaur BBQ in East Harlem, some of my good friends joined me for the fun and cultural event. Tuesday night I went to my favorite Shake Shack, with my two really good friends Mark and Brenda, then meet up with our roommate Danni and her family at Max Brenners and to pay my final good bye to Union Square. Then on Wednesday evening, I went with my friend, Emilee to, "In the Heights" a broadway play I have been wanting to see, even though it's about Washington Heights, it reminded me so much of my experience of working in the Bronx, with the bodega and the unisex hair salon and my fun Latino co-workers, which earlier that evening I met up with an old co-worker for a drink and another called me to say good bye and told me I will always be the Boogie Down Bronx girl, no longer Beverly Hills 90210...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment