Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Livin it up!




When I first arrived to New York, still trying to recover from being shell shock to this new life I had started for myself. My friend Amy texted me to see how I was doing, I texted back I think complaining, she then said "Live it up". (Almost as profound as when my mom said, "You need to step it up" when I only ran the 5 mile race and not the 13 miler) Anyways, this last week has been crazy busy with school work, field placement drama and then just trying to stay sane. So I have decided to embrace whatever opportunity comes my way, that will enhance and enrich my experience. So here I am, my friend Hiedi and I have become groupies of a local band called Jeff Jacobson, look him up and you will too become a fan. So we invited some other friends to join us for the local concert in a little lounge bar in the East Village. Then there is a picture of my girlfriends from social work and my friend Sarah's (one on the left) open house party, we made out 2009 with our hands, the year of graduation. Then last and not least a picture of two of my favorite people, Brenda and Heidi after going to our Institute class. The quaility of life is the people in your life and the activities you share with them, that is in my opinion:)

2 comments:

Don said...

I couldn't agree with you more... "The quality of life is the people in your life and the activities you share with them."

Glad to know that you are Living It Up!!!

Unknown said...

Hey how come we never go to Jeff Jacobson shows anymore? Are you a fair-weather groupie?