Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Birthday Suprise!

So it's that special time of year. Yes, the time of Christmas and gift giving, time of cold weather and drinking yummy hot coco, and a time to spend quality time with the ones you love, and YES, Nathan's birthday too! Nathan is so blessed to have his birthday three days after Christmas. So he is used to the low-key birthday celebration after the much waited Christmas. He is so easy to be pleased, doesn't expect a lot and grateful for any gifts or gestures. His parents were kind enough to give him his own power drill set, and saw set too. He was super excited. Well, I too had well planned gift of a cute outfit I picked out from J. Crew and a book. However, I had another surprise.... even to my surprise. I found out that morning, before Nathan awoke that I was very indeed.....



I won't lie, I did not know quite what I thought when I read that I was pregnant. We had decided to start trying a few months ago, and at first I was scared, then excited to get pregnant. Then when I realized it wasn't just an easy one-time shot, your pregnant, that the experts say to give yourself at least a year. It kind of got discouraging, trying for a three months, after five pregnancy tests, it could be a let down and worrisome, me being the hypochondriac that I am was fearful I might have some infertility problems, which is very common I feel these days. So at this point, I decided not to worry about it and plan to not get pregnant for a year, and really start getting in shape with the new year, as well as plan a fun foreign trip in the summer :)

So when I read the verdict, I was excited but felt overwhelmed, due to knowing that no going back to the way things were, ready to take on this venture and preparing to becoming a parent. Also, I already had gained weight since my wedding, so I was bummed this wasn't the ideal time to diet and that I was just going to get bigger. However it is funny too, because we prayed and fasted the first Sunday in December to be accepting of when the time would be right to have a baby. And actually the timing worked out perfect, I will be about 6 months by time school and work is out, so for the last trimester, when I am the biggest, I could take it easy and be ready to have a baby in September.  So it's amazing when we just put our trust in the lord and allow him to take the reigns.

Okay so enough about me, remember it was Nathan's birthday. Needless to say it was a fun surprise. Nathan was so excited, he wanted to start getting pregnant before I did, he can't wait to be a dad, he really does love kids. So it started out as a great birthday and it was only 8AM EST. We were too excited, and were debating how to tell the family, so I went downstairs and Loni noticed me sporting the pregnancy test in my back pocket (there was a fancy lid, I know that sounds gross). So she asked what it was, and read it and I think was more excited for us than we were, kind of like me getting married all over again. Since we were in Ohio, Loni was sweet enough to adapt her family birthday celebration by making him his favorite breakfast. So she made blueberry pancakes with her yummy buttermilk syrup.

We also honored Nathan on his special day by doing what he wanted to do, so him, Loni and I took the day to go into the city of Cleveland and do a little shopping, we found a killer dollar store in the downtown mall, and bought a couple of much needed household items. We then drove around Lake Erie, on their Lake View Drive road or something like that and looked at all the cute and quaint homes. We then went to a bike shop, that obviously Loni and Nathan were excited about, got a few supplies, exciting... then went home to say hi to the children for a second, then went to dinner for sushi at Crocker Park.
 
This is where we dropped our bomb of an announcement to my dad and Todd, LeNae and Lana. We gave my a dad a little baby bib. He was still quite quiet (surprised, surprised) after he opened it, it was like data overload, still trying to process it, and sweet Todd was a lot more expressive in his enthusiasm and exclaimed with joy, like "What?" "Really" "That is so cool" and Loni so poignantly says, "Dad, I think they were looking for more of that reaction" He defended himself nicely saying he felt that same way, if not more enthusiasm, but just never has been good to show it.



So there you have it, a fun filled birthday!




1 comment:

Ann Warner said...

Lyndee! Gosh, I am so excited for you guys, I know you will be the best mom in the world, and it sounds like you've got a pretty amazing husband that will love being a dad! How fun. I hope your pregnancy is going well and you aren't too sick. Congrats to you guys!! Ann (newton)