Saturday, December 25, 2010

White Christmas

 Freezing in Ohio
 "Fun Farm?"
 Onieliey Clan
 Kissing cowboy style
 Looks like a Christmas Card Picture, huh?
 Boys working hard in the Toy Shop
 Spending quality time with my dear sister
 The favorite aunt Nae, I think Roger wanted her to be his new girlfriend, he was obsessed with her.
 "Dad is great, he takes us to Target!"
 The boys.
 The Nativity Stars
 Hanging with James and Stephanie Woolf
 How can you not love them?
Looks like it's time to actually get ready for the day.
When living on the east coast. I was able to enjoy a little bit more of the White Christmas's I was deprived as a child. However on Christmas day, I always made my way back to the desert to celebrate Christmas with my family. This year, Loni and Todd were so nice to invite us out for Christmas and paid for one of our tickets. Making it more affordable, and Nathan and getting time off, it just worked out for us to come out. Nathan's family on his mom's side had their traditional Jones Pajamas Christmas Party on December 20th, we had a fun festive breakfast at night, and a very active white elephant exchange with cousins battling out for some army men. We then headed out for Cleveland the following night for our Christmas venture with my sister. We arrived and while waiting at the airport, Loni called and said that on their drive to pick me up the boys asked if I would have kids with me. And she said" Well no" and then cute little 3 year old William said, "I hope she at least has a baby" and then she said, "Just so you know my kids have expectation with your visit" We laughed and I love how kids don't miss a beat, I think on my wedding day, my 5 year old niece if I was then going to have a baby. These kids are well trained! So we arrived and just settled in playing with her four boys, they really loved Nathan, full of energy and loves interacting with them. We just helped with going grocery shopping and prepared for my dad and two younger sisters to come in two days. We also got the privedledge of going to Farmland, a little kids seasonal outside recreational center to see animals, Santa and build a toy in Santa's work shop. It was sooooo cold outside! So glad we live in Vegas. We had fun helping the kids and participating. It worked out great with us tagging along, it was now mano y mano. Nathan and I were to get away one night to go and see a local production of "Joseph the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat" one of my favorite broadway shows. Then the rest of my family came. My dad spoiled the boys by going to target and letting them pick out a bunch of toys for Christmas. We then had a very nice Christmas Eve night, read the arrowhead story, dressed up for the Nativity, sad to say I was not Mary. However after the program, I was so tired, that we just simply went to bed and didn't stay up with the family tradition of watching "Support Your Local Sheriff." Then we work up bright and early, like 8 AM. The boys were up and it was fun to see them open up their presents. We got some great presents from Loni, and my dad, and from each other. We then lounged and headed over to Kirtland to see the Nativity. Where one of the sister missionaries, Nathan knew from High School she was good friends with his cousin Travis. Nathan and I then parted ways and went and visited my good friend Stephanie Rice Woolf, and her husband James. We hadn't seen each other in like 3 years, it was natural in catching up, we had a good time and we ate some of her yummy mexican food :) We then returned to Loni to eat some yummy fondue. We were there for a total of a week, so the rest of our time we spent one morning going sledding with the boys, and we had soooo much fun. I can't remember the last time I had done that. We also went to Crocker Park, the fun outdoor shopping mall to eat at the yummy Brio. It was a great way to celebrate the festive season, with snow and family.

No comments: