Thursday, July 16, 2009

Start spreading the news....


I am leaving the city that never sleeps...... so as for those who are aware, I have been contemplating whether to stay out it New York upon graduation and continue to work at the substance abuse agency in the Bronx where I interned or move back west. I happened to apply to a job with the school district in Las Vegas, they informed me I got the job. Feeling split emotions, not knowing whether I wanted to stay or go... I kept mulling it over. Until finally I felt like Las Vegas made the most sense... not only with the pay being similar to NY and cost of living so much lower, being close to home and having summer's off was very appealing. Once I made the decision, it felt so good to have clarity and felt it was my time to move on from my once beloved home of New York. How greatly I will miss so many things it has to offer, but more importantly the people I have met and relationships I have developed. I truly believe in the saying "It's not where you are or what you are doing, but who you are with that really matters." 
So I have started packing my bags, quit my New York employment in preparation for my move out west to reunite with my desert roots to Sin city. "So here's to you New York, New York"

1 comment:

julie said...

I know that had to be a hard decision. Good luck with the move and the new job!