Returning back from my nice, chill trip of beautiful Utah to the concrete jungle is always a hard adjustment. We call it the "funk," however for some reason, even if I am not feeling terribly excited to return when getting off the plane and driving back into the city it's a weird feeling of comfort like I am finally back home. Funny how two extreme differences can feel like home. NYC will always be like a second home to me :) When I returned I was graced with a new darling and fun roommate Danni Wright. She's from Seattle, going to BYU and doing an internship out here. She's been super great to live with, does her own thing, yet we have fun hanging out. One night we went running around Battery Park and on our way home saw them filming a movie with Nicolas Cage, I asked the guy next to me what they were filming. He had an accent of some kind, so I asked where he was from, Switzerland. Of course the traveler that I am engaged him in further conversation, come to find out, him and his buddy cycled across country from LA to NYC in the past two months, hiked Grand Canyon and such.... how cool!!!! That will be a goal and dream of mine, not only a foreigner, a biker, athlete and pretty eyes... I am moving to Switzerland (JK). Then another night, a friend of ours in the ward got in a bike accident (no intention for the bike theme), since I am not a cook, I felt guilty not cooking anything, so I bought him some oreos, only intending to visit for a minute. We ended up taking a view of their roof top, going to the movies and then getting ice cream afterwards, it was kind of a fun bonding time :) I love random experiences like this that NY has to offer. Never know what tomorrow will bring.
Thursday, July 9, 2009
Back in the NYC
Returning back from my nice, chill trip of beautiful Utah to the concrete jungle is always a hard adjustment. We call it the "funk," however for some reason, even if I am not feeling terribly excited to return when getting off the plane and driving back into the city it's a weird feeling of comfort like I am finally back home. Funny how two extreme differences can feel like home. NYC will always be like a second home to me :) When I returned I was graced with a new darling and fun roommate Danni Wright. She's from Seattle, going to BYU and doing an internship out here. She's been super great to live with, does her own thing, yet we have fun hanging out. One night we went running around Battery Park and on our way home saw them filming a movie with Nicolas Cage, I asked the guy next to me what they were filming. He had an accent of some kind, so I asked where he was from, Switzerland. Of course the traveler that I am engaged him in further conversation, come to find out, him and his buddy cycled across country from LA to NYC in the past two months, hiked Grand Canyon and such.... how cool!!!! That will be a goal and dream of mine, not only a foreigner, a biker, athlete and pretty eyes... I am moving to Switzerland (JK). Then another night, a friend of ours in the ward got in a bike accident (no intention for the bike theme), since I am not a cook, I felt guilty not cooking anything, so I bought him some oreos, only intending to visit for a minute. We ended up taking a view of their roof top, going to the movies and then getting ice cream afterwards, it was kind of a fun bonding time :) I love random experiences like this that NY has to offer. Never know what tomorrow will bring.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment