Friday, April 17, 2009

Talofa Samoa!






So 15 years ago, my "adventurous" parents decided to start a program in Western Samoa. So the whole family, all six kids under the age of 16, spent our summer in Samoa, I was 13 at the time, and it was the first country I had been to (the beginning of what later became our travel bug).  It was definitely a culture shock for a 13 year old girl from little ole LaVerkin, however one my most memorable and cherished traveling experience. Due to our travel to Samoa, this is when my family was introduced to one of our dear friends, Tala Covington,  we then offered for her to come to the States and live with us there, then she met her husband Jeremy and the rest is history. Well she and her family recently relocated back to her roots for six months to live in this beautiful, sometimes not so much of a paradise,  there are some serious bugs (don't worry I got 60 mosquito bites on just one leg), cold showers and dial up internet...yuck!!! Nonetheless, it still is a great place to visit. So my parents, and my two younger sisters (LeNae and Lana) and I went to Samoa for our spring break. It was very laid back and chill, spent most the time at the beach, swimming in waterfalls, and eating pongi po po (rolls in coconut milk).

3 comments:

Natalie Buchkovich said...

Wow look at all this updating you have done! Way to go! Looks like your loving life! You and Dave need to get down here and come hang out sometime!

A said...

I HATE Pongi po po!!!! YUCK :) The rest sounds nice tho.........except for the mosquito bites!

The Kings said...

Please tell me you ate lots of bread and butter while you were there. I remember that's what I LIVED on when we were out there. I wish I could have gone back with you! Looks amazing!