Thursday, August 14, 2008

HAVA SU PI FALLS






So after my visit of a total of two weeks of New York, I headed west again back to my southern roots of LaVerkin, Utah to spend a short visit with my family a total of two days- got there Wednesday evening (July 23), went and saw Les Mes at Tuachan for Pioneer day then on later on Friday night around 9PM (July 25) LeNae and I headed out at for Vegas, met up with Amy at 11 PM, picked up her Asian exchange student friend- more of an acquaintance and headed out for Hava su pi, AZ, which took four to five hours, we did get off track, so we had to backtrack a bit☺ PS- I did most of the driving, arrived around 4:30AM- met a crazy drunk Native American, then took a power nap of 45 min. then headed off on the ten mile trail with my 20-30 lbs pack, WOW!!! It was a bit intense and such a workout, the weather was mostly overcast, so at least we weren’t dying of heat, but it was long and hard with a pack, we then arrived to camp- which we had to cross the river in, which got my only pair of clothes/pj’s- ya, that was a lot of fun later on. We then met up with the group tired and exhausted from the hike and lack of sleep, and we were going to do this tomorrow- we are CRAZY!! So we met up with my friends, Ange, her bro- Royal, Michelle and her friend Alan, Nate and his cute girl friend Katie Rose. We walked down to some smaller falls, then meet up with the group to Navajo falls, where we spent most of our time swimming and watching people jump off the waterfall, it was intense and cool, if I had enough energy I would consider it, but so tired to think straight. Amy and her friend then left, we went to Hava su falls, the biggest and prettiest, LeNae and I hardly even participated because we were so tired! We did jump off a little ledge, at least we had some excitement, man I was so tired, I hate it when you are just that tired. We went back to camp and I literally laid on the hammock and felt myself have no power to wake up, we then ate the great dry food packs Ange had brought, they were really good☺ we talked amongst ourselves, I was concerned to talk to Nate to make our plans for the next day, we decided we would wake up at 4AM so we could walk before it got too hot, Nate and KR were heading out earlier, so we planned to get a ride with Michelle and Alan back to Vegas, we also lucked out to get a spot to put a pack on the horse, but as we were hiking our two miles to the village, both Lenae and I so tired and sore decided we were going to opt the hike and helicopter out, because we got there at 6:30 AM we were the first one’s there, the rest of our group hiked out, we ate breakfast met some people from Mesa, AZ, one of the guys, Chris Johnson’s brother went to Cross Creek-small world, praised my dad as a saint it helped his brother a lot- love little conicidents like that. We ended up teaching them out to play scum, they all liked it, and said with beer and money it would even be better, they were a bit wild, but fun. After the first two groups of locals, we were able to copter out, I sat next to the pilot, and Michelle and Alan didn’t have to wait too long for us:) so it ended up being an intense and beautiful experience, highly reccommend it to anyone-

No comments: