Friday, August 15, 2008

California Lovin! A "yacht" of Fun!






So after our brief Hava su pi venture my sister LeNae and I headed to stay with my family in Venice Beach, CA. We had fun spending time at the beach, drove on the Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu, even went and did baptisms at the LA temple. I then headed down to Orange County to visit some of my friends (Kari, Monica and Charlie) from my Holyland trip. I spent a day with one of my dearest and closet's friend Monique- and caught up with my good friend Sarah Beecher from my home town LaVerkin, who is living in Pasedena while her husband is finishing up his last year of his doctorate- in like rocket science, he is a smart one!

I then met up with my good friend Sara Olds (who I met in NY) and her family at Newport beach to aboard her family's fraction Yacht. It was amazing and as my roommate Courtnie described it- ridiculos... and it was- flat screen tv's in the four bedrooms, a captain, first mate the whole nine yards- it was beautiful and fun. Her family was so generous, and welcoming. We had so much fun playing crazy games of mafia (they killed me three times in a row, I tried not to take it personal:) catch phrase, and other games. We went to Santa Barbra one day, then spent a day in the Chanel Isle's which was gorgeous, and I tried to go tubbing- but it kicked my butt, we jumped off the top of the boat for kicks, probably the funnest activity especially when my dare devil buddy was nine year old Skyler- he was a riot! We then went to Catalilna for a day, played miniature golf and returned back to Newport, the funnest was the relaxation, seeing hundreds of dolphins, a couple of blue whales, a sun fish and even a shark- it was better than the $100 I spent on Whale watching in Vancuver, and only saw them from a far- I was so grateful to the Olds hospitality and their fun company- and at the end I even got to drive the boat for a couple of minutes- Ahoy Captain Lyndee!

8 comments:

thinkHP said...

LYNDEE!!!!!!! do you ever stop GOING?!!?!?!? your battery is seriously everlasting :)

you are sooo much FUN!... AND your pun... is punerific... it's a "yacht" of fun like you

baha lol
missing you

HeatherStout said...

What a crazy summer you're having! Your pictures are awesome and it makes me wish (just a little) that I could go to all those places with you!

Sara said...

Lyndee, just know that we love you...even if we did kill you! :)

I'm SOOOOO glad you came!!!!

A said...

Fun! I am glad you are enjoying summer! Keep enjoying~***********

Steph & James said...

Hey Stranger! Looks like you've had a lot more fun this summer than I have! :) (unless you consider not going anywhere really fun). We need to catch up, it's been way too long!

Stacie and Kai said...

Hey Lyn..looks like your having some good times! Seems like you should be going to school soon! Call me sometime.

Stacie and Kai said...

Hey Lyn..looks like your having some good times! Seems like you should be going to school soon! Call me sometime.

Kylene said...

Ahoy! YOu look at home driving that boat! ;) Looks like you're having tons of fun! Hopefully you'll make it out to the 10 year reunion and not be in Africa or something! I travel vicariously through your blog... ;)