




So the generic question someone always ask right after completeing a massive accomplishment or victory is "what are you going to do now" the sarcastic comment was always "I'm going to Disneyland" well close, but no cigar... after compeleting my first year of school I took the venture to visit the United Kingdom with my good friend Sherrie Burt. We started the first leg of the trip to London, where we stayed with some lovely friends of her's who were so accommadating and insisted to make us a traditional English roast for Sunday Dinner. We did the norm of seeing Big Ben, Parliment, Leccester Square, Picadilly Circle, Hyde Park, Notting Hill, Portabella Road, a West end Musical ("Gone with the Wind") and a partridge in a pear tree (I know I am cracking myself up...obviously still struggling with jet lag:) And then the biggest event of all (the mere purpose for Sherrie coming and inviting me) was the concert of Chess, the musical.. performed by Josh Groban (don't worry about it, meet two "Grobanite" fanaticks and they about died when they found my name was Lyndee, because it's his mother's name, guess it's a sign we were meant to be, I do believe he lives in New York) and Idina Menzila. Needless to say it was a rocked out concert at the Royal Albert Hall, so classy as well:)
After checking off England on our list we made way to Gasglow, Scottland to meet up and stay with an old friend of mine.. Ericka Ensign (the main motive for my trip). She is doing a study abroad at the University of Gasglow, it is a beautiful campus. We then took a train to Edinburgh and saw their famous castle and shopped down the Royal mile, this was my favorite part of the whole trip... I loved Edinburgh and Scottland in general I could build a summer home there. The people were so friendly, down to earth and humorous, needless to say the accents are pretty sexy as well, I learned a whole new dialec of the Scottish accent- Loch's, Glens, Lads and Lassies and the famous saying to "Never, ever, ever, ever trust a Cambell" it was purely entertaining. Then we took a trip to the Highlands, to the famous Loch Ness, looking for the Nessy the monster, sorry no sight of her. We then took a ferry from Scottland to Belfast, Northeren Ireland. We traveled on the coastal road of Northeren Ireland seeing many castles(too many almost), walked across a rope bridge and saw the famous Giant Causeways. Then we finished our trip off at the last night in Dublin. We saw and did a lot in ten days and was the totally fun adventure we were hoping it would be. Also, good to know of my British Heritage is obviously present. Found a Litchfield Street in London, one of the Scottish Queen's name was Maud and found a Lyndy Lou Bridal store in the middle of no where in Ireland...good to know my name is well represented through-out the United Kingdom...
11 comments:
Oh my goodness, I am a HUGE Josh Groban fan. I almost fall in love with him every time I hear him sing. I bet it was an amazing concert! What a great experience for you!!!
What a traveler you are! I know SU isn't the most exciting place, but you should take a trip here soon (June, right?) Anyway, I'm glad you had a great time, Mrs. Groban.
Sounds terrific Lynd! So, what next...oh, and I'll go in on that summer home with you.
oooo...sounds like lots of fun! Glad you made it back safely! You have become quite the blogging queen! Hope you have a great summer!
Great summary, Lyndee! Good times, good times!
Josh Groban! How fun! We've been trying to make it to Englad since we got married...Klint went to Manchester on his mission. I'll continue to live vicariously through you until then... ;)
I am SO Jealous about Chess! I love that show and that must have been amazing!
So me and my husband are in love with Josh Gorbon. Among other artists! Do jealous are we! I swear I don't check up on you for a few weeks and you've already been around the world! I think we'll all live Vicariously through you and all your fun trips! Love your guts
Jaycee
Lyndee! I'm just getting started on this blog thing and I'm having a blast checkin out everyones blogs. You are a travelin woman! How are you my tigerette girl :). Well my blog page isn't great yet but come by and see me!
thethreemccarthys@blogspot.com
HI! It's Charity. I found you, it's so much fun to see all of your fun travels! I'm a blogger too, now you are on my friends list and you can never escape. Hahaha. It will be fun to keep in touch. my blog is jerandcharsmithfamily.blogspot.com
you go on so many trips how could i ever say "what are you going to do now"!!! instead I say... SIT DOWN YOU CRAZY LADY!!!!
i miss you.
Post a Comment