Friday, November 19, 2010

Jubilee of Love... I mean Trees.





Every year my mom is on the hospital board to help out with the Jubilee of Trees. Where she probably helps out the most is by actually buying this overpriced trees for a good cause. This year, it was promoting better equipment and accessibility to find Breast Cancer faster. So my mother invited her Breast Cancer Survivor sister Vera, and they all wore pink, I missed the memo, or reality was didn't really have anything pink, so I played it safe wearing cream. This also was an emotionally heighten night, we knew something was up with my mom, every year she buys at least two trees, this year, she didn't buy one! She did manage to buy the week in Lake Powell on a house boat, which we are all grateful for. But we only resulted to the fact of her bizzar behavior on nothing else, but she was in love. Yes, my mom had her first serious boyfriend since my parents divorce. I won't lie, it was a bit weird. I like the guy, super nice, treats her well and a fun loving sense of humor. He gets along well with my family, but the future will only tell....

1 comment:

Loni said...

good job finally updating your blog