Friday, April 25, 2008

Boston or BUST!!!







So my mother's good friend Carol Manwaring qualified for the infamous Boston Marathon- so my mom came out for support, so then my roommate Melanie ( a marathon runner herself, in fact has done three Iron man, one tough chick) and I took the adventure ride to Bean town to meet up with my mom and the Manwarings. It was such a good trip from going to the Boston Temple, Red Sox game in the enchanting and charming Fen Way park ( we were converted to be Red Sox fans, even if we are living in New York) and then to be on the sidelines of the inspiring Boston marathon cheering on all of these amazing athletes we saw Lance Armstrong and the Hoyt father who pushes his son through the marathon- it was great! However the best surprise was my spontaneous and adventurous mother decided to run the marathon as well as a bandit- she only had run up to 10 miles however had been training for a tri-atholon and let's be honest she is tough as nails- so it miracously worked out for her to run and she did well too- 5 and half hours- it was so inspiring she said to her the crowds chant her name she said it helped her to get through it- Boston really is a special place with a little quaint magic about it, out of all the marathons I have seen, it was by far my favorite, the tune of "Chariots of Fire" kept coming to my mind, it was that inspiring:)

3 comments:

HeatherStout said...

Your mom really is tough as nails! I love reading up on all your different trips and adventures! (P.S. Are you feeling older yet? I know I am!)

Natalie Buchkovich said...

Wow an update so close of each other! You are on a roll!j/k Good to see you spent time with your mom! Aunt Pat really is an inspiring person! Boston is one of my favorite places!!

Kylene said...

Go mama! I love checkin' your blog to see what new adventure you up to! I'm living vicariously through you, you know.... ;)