Tuesday, January 22, 2008

New Zealand- from Christ's Church to the Bay of Islands!







I just recently returned from a week long journey from New Zealand. We flew into Christ Church on the South Island then drove from there to the very tip of the North Island, called the Bay of Islands. it was absolutely gorgeous and so refreshing from the cold, drabby, cement buildings in New York. We rented a camper van, my mom, and two younger sisters- LeNae and Lana- don't worry about it LeNae broke her heel and had surgery on it two days before we flew out- she was a trooper and handled it well:) We then drove, camped and slept in our camper finding brilliant spots to stay like playground parks, rivers, lakes, malls and a cow farm, where we saw a pig get killed and slaughtered---uck!!! We met up with my mom's friend and her darling family of six children, I was like a child all over again, good thing I am young at heart:) We even made it to a session in the Hamilton Temple. It was a wonderful and very joy able trip- just what I needed before I was to start my second semester-

6 comments:

Kimi D said...

First it was your passport that was better traveled than mine...now it's you're temple recommend...I'm trying really hard not to covet!!

Natalie said...

So how was the pig slautering experience? That's sounds like something from a horror movie! New Zealand looks beautiful! There is a lady in my stake from New Zealand and I could just listen to her talk all day long - I LOVE that accent!

The Andra Family said...

Your mom said it was wonderful, and the pictures make it look even better. I didn't realize you and your sisters went with her.

SherBear said...

Wow - looks like a great trip, Lyndee! I loved NZ too!! How about a trip to Europe with me in May?

Janalee said...

Lyn, It looks like you are having a ball! I found your blog through Nat who after much persuasion got me started on my own, and I love it - especially since I am so bad at keeping in touch:) Mine is private though so send me your email and I will send you an invite! Love ya!
janaleed@yahoo.com

Our family said...

Looks like you are having all kinds of fun!!!! Mike and I, and of coarse Natalie, are planning a trip to NY the first of May. Maybe we will be lucky enough to see you????? Hope all is well.
AMY