Sunday, September 16, 2007

New York life!




So, after I made my first inital post on my blog, I got some comments about not having pictures, I simply say, one step at a time. So here is my next step, I hope it protrays and shows truly how happy I am here and how much fun I have been having. School has stared full blown, I have met some amazing and very different people, one girl is straight from China and told our class the whole reason she is here is because she watched" Sex in the City", which I think is purely funny and very misleading about our American culture. Since grad school is a bit more intense and serious than undergrad, I have been strifing to step up to the plate and take on the hundreds of readings each week, so I have spent many hours at the NYU library, however I think I might try out the Medical or Law library, there seems to be more options:) I also have been trying to adapt to the New York culture by particpating in Yoga classes, which at the end I had to "give off love to all of those who I shared that space with during the class," they are so weird.... I also had my very first Celebrity siting, you guessed it the very fine stars of Scooby Doo and Home Alone were haning out together... Malcuki Culkin (sp?), Freddy Prince Jr. and Sarah Michelle Gellar. My roommates and friends thought we were pretty cool and have more faith in the "Secret" since just hours before we literally wrote out a list of all the things we want to do in the city and one of them was Celebrity Sitings, "if you build it he will come".

Another great highlight about New York, is my roommate Courtnie and I discussed getting lottery discounted Broadway tickets, we then found the night before Phantom tickets for only $25, so we jumped on it and went the very next night. I love the sponentanity and excitement this city brings to my new fun life:) Then I've been privledged to have my very close and dear friend Kimi D, to come out and visit me. We've been busy going and doing, but simply enjoying the experience as we go, to name a couple of things, we had a delicious chocolate breakfast at Max Brenner, listened to a hip hopper's "newly released" cd in Washington Square, walked through Greenwhich Village to eat a cupcakes at the famous Magnolia's bakery, then got discounted Tickets to see "Xanadu" which was hilarious with some great Oliva Newton-John songs ("We Believe we are magic") We then went to Brooklyn to visit a good friend of hers and actually went to the Orthodox Jewsih community right after their Sabbath was done, wearing their tradtional sabath attire. We then went to the Trinity Church's Mass early this morning ( the church just up my street and where the ''National Treasure" was filmned in NY) it was very interesting and different however the organ music in that beautiful church was AMAZING! Went to church, and am getting ready to go to a Relief Society Dessert night then meet up with some people in my building for rootbeer floats- Life is good and things are well- look forward to seeing some of you out here to share the great things that New York has to offer:)

8 comments:

Don said...

Looks like you are really settling into New York life.

Thanks for sharing the pictures!

Tell my friends I say hi!

:)

SherBear said...

Oh wow! I'm so jealous! Glad Kimi D got to come visit. I'm next!!!!

Love,
Sherrie

Kimi D said...

I may never leave you! Yikes!

Natalie Buchkovich said...

I am so glad that you are adjusting to your NYC life! The East coast defenetly has a different and fun pase, then I know that you and I were grown up in! But it is so fun, but a relief to know that it will not be forever, so we have got to take advantage of it. Hey and by the way, you may see Nick at your ward this coming sunday. Don't tell him I gave you the heads up. He wanted to surprise you!!
Love ya Lyndee!! Hope you come down and visit Philly soon!!

Amy said...

You spontaneously go to a Broadway...I spontaneously go to schools so my clients can't reach me. You see famous people....I see people on Freemont (that shouldn't be). You study for three hours at the NYU library. I study for three hours the Sunday morning comics this morning. So glad you're adjusting and doing well out there Lynderlou. I MISS U!

Lana Lichfield said...

You sound great, look great and happy----I'm very happy for you====I finished my marathon in Logan in 4:55 minutes-----shaved off 55 minutes from last years time, thanks to Carol. We had a wonderful time. I miss you but feel that you are doing so well. Love ya, Mom

Stacie and Kai said...

Looks so fun! Im so glad you are are happy and enjoying your life you deserve it. I can't wait to come and see you and have you show me around. Holly and I want to come together to see you so we will be getting some plans in the works! Love you Lyn!

Dora said...

Hey Lyndee!! Sounds like you adjusted to your new life in NY and have some fun things going on. I’m glad you got your full size bed : ) funny girl! And I love that your closet is big enough for your clothing. Did your pants fit? :) j/k Love the blog! It’s fun to read about your adventures. Love you!
Dora