Saturday, May 7, 2011

I am IRONMAN, or WOMAN.


My intense sister, yes the same one who just completed her 100 miler, was up against her new challenge. Her very first Ironman, in St. George, UT, one of the hardest races. Nathan and I were her number one fans and woke up at the crack of dawn and marched up a hill to see her swim in the open waters of Sand Hallow with like 2,000 other people. It was cool to see the stream of swimmers out there, they looked like swimming dolphins.

Yes, I was still wearing my pajama's and should've had more pride to go out in public, but with the events of the night, the sense to support my sister and need of comfort, I forwent looking good and went as I was. It was hard to spot Loni with all the other many bodies in wetsuits and swimming caps, but we did and cheered her on, it was very fun and inspiring... maybe one day... and again maybe not, most likely not... I like my comfort too much :) So if you want to check out a great video of highlights of her Ironman, go to my facebook page and look at the video post on May 15, 2011.
Loni did great as always and the best was to see how Todd had shirts made for their boys to wear in support of her.

 
Todd took one for the team and looked after poor William who did look rough from his traumatic event from the day before. But he did really well, didn't cry or complain much. What a trouper. He truly has Loni's strength and endurance.


The best part was the aftermath, I don't know who was worst off, her or William, so they peacefully rested together.

No comments: